The Praxis Series® tests are taken by individuals entering the teaching profession as part of the certification process required by many states and professional licensing organizations in the USA.
PreUniversity is a registered ETS Praxis Testing facility and so offers the computer based version of the exams. To receive the Praxis general qualification you have to be successful in 3 areas: Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
- The tests can be taken individually or all at once.
- The cost per test is US$90 each or US$150 total if all are taken at once
- Persons seeking to sit the exam must first complete the Pre-university registration form at the link below
- Students will then be contacted with a date for the exam and be allowed to do step two of the registration process online
- The Praxis test does not take the place of a degree
- The Praxis qualification is accepted in Canada however it has to be verified like all other qualification from outside of Canada.
Apart from the general Praxis qualification detailed above (which everyone needs), teachers can seek further qualification in their subject area by sitting a Praxis Subject Test. The full list of subjects offered can be found here.
There are no preparation classes for the exams at Pre University however many are available online. Please download and submit the following form to our administrative office :
For further information go to http://www.ets.org/praxis